Are you worn out by conflicts in the home?
Are you frustrated because you don’t know how to make things better?
Do you feel alone in your struggles?
We can help!
Parents give so much to their teen that they often forget to nurture themselves and their relationships. They find that they are frequently feeling overwhelmed or depleted. Developmental changes of teens and transitions within the family can lead to disharmony, distancing, and conflict. What used to work well may now seem ineffective or may make things worse. Parents can use ongoing support, guidance, and encouragement to rebuild and maintain their own sense of hope and self-worth.
A combination of support and skill-building helps parents to remember why they used to enjoy being parents and how to get back to that place once again. Instead of coming from a place of futility, they find their way to a sense of renewed energy and hope. We help parents to nurture and fulfill their teen’s need for trust, empathy, and affection, while providing a lifelong foundation for healthy, enduring relationships.
Parent support can help you:
- Build self-awareness and positive parental esteem
- Eliminate guilt, hopelessness, and other self-defeating thoughts that contribute to stress, fatigue, and detachment
- Learn and practice self-care and stress-reducing techniques
- Shift from a reactive parenting approach to one that is based on respect, empathy, and appropriate flexibility
- Learn to identify and acknowledge small changes that can positively alter the family’s course and become the building blocks for more profound, sustained change
- Target areas in need of change and develop a customized parenting plan based on your needs and abilities
- Clarify the social, educational, developmental, and community context in which your teen is operating when making decisions
- Establish and communicate realistic and developmentally-appropriate expectations, choices, and limits
- Develop new, individualized concepts of appropriate roles and expectations for both you and your teen